How to get rid of peanut allergy
While enjoying a delicious meal at a restaurant, the last thing you want is to have a system shock through a violent peanut allergy. It was something in the food. Delicious but undetected, or detected right way. Right after you had a bite of the meal. An allergic reaction to peanuts occurs almost immediately after exposure. The symptoms of an allergic reaction are a runny nose, developing hives on the skin, redness, and swelling.
While it can be embarrassing while on a date or at a meeting to have an allergic reaction, it can also be very dangerous. The most severe reaction to a peanut allergy is anaphylaxis, which is a life-threatening response. The symptoms include impaired breathing, swelling in the throat, a sudden drop in the blood pressure ad pale skin or blue lips, accompanied by dizziness and fainting.
These reactions can be scary for anyone, and immediately cause you to be repulsed by peanuts. It is then unfortunate to learn that; peanut allergies are fairly common as it is the second most common food allergy among children and it is on the rise. For every fifty children, one suffers from a peanut allergy. Among adults, the number is slightly lower at one in every 200 who have a peanut allergy. The anaphylaxis reaction to a peanut allergy is the one most likely to lead to death. For every 200 anaphylaxis reactions, there is one death.
Peanut-allergic reactions are the result of a person consuming them. Breathing in the particles alone is not sufficient to cause an allergic reaction, unless on very rare occasions. This also includes tree nut proteins aside from peanuts, and while peanut allergies are common they most likely start at childhood. However, some allergies do develop later on in life, as adults. The most common foods that cause allergic reactions in adults include fish, peanuts, shellfish being lobster and shrimp, and the tree nuts. Tree nuts refer to almonds, walnuts, pecans, and cashew nuts.
While those who suffer from severe peanut allergy reactions would love to outgrow them, it is not common to outgrow a peanut allergy. Only about 20pc of children in the US outgrow their allergies. Meaning, you may have to be careful about the cookies, biscuits, and pastries you indulge in due to their nut content. Some people love chocolate and nuts together. In their cookies and cake, then in their savory dishes while making a source. Due to such circumstances, you must be vigilant about the ingredients to foods at buffets during an event, the menu lines up at a dinner and the wedding cake while in attendance.
It pays off to be careful about what you eat if you are allergic to peanuts. Furthermore, there is curiosity behind whether the peanut allergy is hereditary, or genetic for that matter. The answer is, they do tend to run in families and if you have a close relative perhaps parents or a sibling, who has a peanut allergy the likelihood that you too may have a peanut allergy is 7pc. Translating to a fourteen times more likely chance of having an allergic reaction to peanuts.
The best way to treat a peanut allergy is by avoiding peanuts and peanut-derived products altogether. The second method is by administering epinephrine to counter the severe reaction one might get. It is mostly administered in an autoinjector for more efficiency as the anaphylaxis can be fatal to the person. The hives, which can be derived as small spots or large welts on the skin are itchy and uncomfortable, but not fatal.
The best thing to do after having an allergic reaction is to note down how much you ate, what you ate and when the symptoms started. This will help you to gauge your reaction to the quantity of food, and how long it took to respond with an allergic reaction. Additional important notes is what you did to alleviate the symptoms and how long it took.